Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Own Space Again (Temporarily)

For the last two weeks, I've been staying at my mother's house because the house she and her boyfriend recently bought had to have paint and carpet put in. Now, I'm back in the new house, and they are once again enjoying a few private nights together.

I gotta hand it to Tom. This man will go to bat for you until either you success or you become a lost cause in his book. With my recent hiring at Metropolitan, it seems that I will fall into the former category. One thing's for sure: In the unlikely event I get drummed out of the District, at least I still have the pizza gig to fall back on. I may even return to being a courier (only for a different company than before). So, either way, I'll survive.

Now, before any of you paint a "LOSER" label on me, let me make one thing clear: I was forced back under my mother's roof. It's a long story, so let just say that the guy from whom I had been renting a room has been in jail for two months now, and he gets his day in court on Tuesday. I just wish I could be there, just to watch him squirm.

To my knowledge, he has been (or should be) charged with the following crimes:
  1. Unauthorized alteration of rental property (including the addition of two bedrooms, one in the garage).
  2. Subletting property without owner's consent.
  3. False claim of property ownership.
  4. Theft by deception (multiple counts here).
  5. Failure to pay rent.
  6. Illegal possession of personal information.
  7. Overuse of a karaoke machine.

Okay, that last one isn't a crime, but it should be! But this (How should I put it without offending anyone? Ah! Got it!) asshole left several of us in a lurch, and I hope the judge throws the book at him! I'm not one to make threats. If you ask anyone who knows me, they'll tell you I'm a teddy bear. But if I ever see this... gentleman again, I will put him through a wall! Yes, this is on the record. And from what I've heard, the Garden Grove PD would all but condone such a response! That's how much of a weasel this guy is. More, it seems this guy (or one like him) got the attention of the California Association of Realtors. My mother is a member, and at their convention in Sacramento earlier this month, she heard about a case nearly identical to mine from Orange County.

I'm sure you've noticed that I have intentionally left his identity secret. The case is still pending, and I will not stoop so low as to divulge the suspect's name in this forum. Hey, I do have some morals. :)

1 comment:

jamie said...

You made me laugh outloud and that doesn't happen very often. Will enjoy reading the rest of your posts.