Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Big Week Ahead!

Well, this is going to be one busy week for me.

This morning, I rode out to Temecula to help set up some lighting rigs that will be used in a repair operation that we're going to start about three hours after I finish writing this post.

The shifts are 12a-12p, but I will be running 6a-6p. Why?

To be honest, I'm still a newbie with the MWD. They need me to go to Los Angeles for further orientation training on Wednesday. Otherwise, I'd be just like everyone else.

If you're confused, don't worry; I've known about the shutdown since I got to Lake Mathews, and I just got my schedule finalized last Thursday.

Anyway, I need to go to sleep right now, because I need to be out the door by 4:15am. I'll report back tomorrow night on my first true day at a shutdown site then.

Good night, all.

No comments: