Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Friday, June 1, 2007

A Kind Word and a Smile...

Okay, so I moonlight on weekends by delivering pizza in Anaheim. Hey, the tips are good, and it gives me some pocket money to get me through the week (paychecks are for the bills). Anyway, toward the end of my shift, I noticed one of my tires was really low (12.4 psi -- Trust me, that's bad!). So, when I finished, I went to a well-known tire place to fix the flat. This wasn't a mom-and-pop garage; it was a Garden Grove location of a world-famous tire company. Sorry, I won't say which one, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, when I got there, a guy named Matt came out, took off my tire and, sure enough, I had run over a nail. Well, he rolled the tire into the shop and about 10 minutes later, it was good as new. After all was said and done, I asked Matt "What's the damage?" After all, patching a tire runs at least $20 these days, right?

Well, Matt ran inside to check with his manager. A moment later, he came back out and said "My boss said to tell you 'Have a nice day.'" Well, that came as a very pleasant surprise! So, let me take this opportunity to thank Matt and the rest of the staff at this world-famous tire company store for their time. You guys have just got yourselves a new customer. When it comes time for me to get new tires, I will go to you guys first!

And who says no one does favors like this in Southern California anymore?

No comments: