Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kuo for It!

Okay, so I'm watching the Dodgers game last night, and they collected a win against the Mets 4-1, at the Stadium. But what grabbed my attention were three dingers on three pitches by the Dodgers, taking them to a 3-1 lead in the third inning.

But it was the pitcher, Hong-chih Kuo, who hit the third of those homers, who really made me jump from my seat. On his first pitch, he knocked a no-doubter into the right-field seats.

Was it because three jacks in a row? No.

Was it because Kuo was the first Taiwanese player to hit a homer? No.

Was it because it was Kuo's second career base bit? No.

It was the fact that he flippeed his bat the way Barry Bonds would, as if he'd done this a hundred times before!

Well done, Kuo. Just keep up the good work!

No comments: