Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Luck Be a Lady (But I Didn't See Her)

Just got back from Pechanga, and I am pleased to report that I outlasted nearly 90% of the field (over 330 entries, and I placed 37th), but I didn't win anything (The tourney paid Top-20). Unfortunately, I had very few hands to play, and more than once I was facing elimination due to having a short stack. In the end, I had 8-8 and entered a race situation against K-Q. The flop came out Q-9-7, and I got sent to the rail.

Still, I had a good time, and I ran into a guy I used to work with at All Counties Courier. His name is Adam, and he told that since he lives in Corona, and I'm going to move to Riverside, I should come over to his place some Saturday night for a home tourney he hosts. So, we exchanged numbers and, who knows? I just might check it out one weekend.

Tomorrow, my mother and Tom are taking me to my favorite restaurant for my birthday:
El Cholo. I'd better bring my appetite!

No comments: