Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another 2-Part Video Treat!

I think my trip to Desert Center had something to do with this, as I have another two-part VOTW to show, this time on Gen. George S. Patton.

I didn't get a chance to go inside the Patton Museum out there in the desert, but Patton is one of my heroes, and the movie Patton is my favorite film, bar none, mainly for its brilliant performance by the great George C. Scott.

Now, far be it for me to get political in this venue, but I heard a portion of this on the radio the other day. Basically, it's a
re-imagination of the famous opening sequence of Patton, only the twist is that it's done as if he was alive today. The editing is a little shaky, but the vocal talent, performed by a gentleman named Mike Kaminski, is dead-on!

Next week, I promise you far less controversial clip. Trust me. :)

No comments: