Okay, here's the deal: You surf and scan and post and view all day long. Suddenly, your eyes turn red and your hands get carpal tunnel from all that squinting and clicking! I offer you a place for you to kick back, relax, toss back a (virtual) cold one or two, and just chill. So kick off your shoes at my little rest stop along the Information Superhighway!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Commentary On Today's Music

This week, I decided to see just how "old" I really am. In a past life, I was a Top-40 DJ in the Midwest, and during that time, I grew to like much of the music that I had played while working at the radio station.

Well, not long after my departure from the broadcasting biz, the music became different. I remember when I was a kid, my parents didn't like my choices in music: Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, etc. Now I understand what they meant, thanks to groups like the Black Eyed Peas. Oh, some of their stuff is pretty good (like "Let's Get It Started"), but a lot of it is nothing more than mindless dreck.

For this week's VOTW, I give you a take on one of Black Eyed Peas' biggest hits, as interpreted by Alanis Morissette. It's her version of "My Humps". For comparison purposes, I have also provided the original video by the Peas.

Personally, I like Alanis' version much better...

No comments: